Monday, April 2, 2012

Asthma Action Plan: resource for people with asthma

Having been recently diagnosed with asthma, and being at a point where my breathing had gotten truly scary, I’d like to offer a resource about helping to keep your asthma under control.  I honestly had no idea what was happening to me because I was misdiagnosed with a relatively benign condition by my primary doctor, I find it essential these days to stay on top of my health and to learn all I can about my own potential issues.  This list of warning signs was provided by Primatene’s website:
Use this Asthma Action Plan prepared by you and your doctor as soon as warning signs develop.
WARNING SIGNS may include:
A drop in your peak-flow reading (earliest warning sign!)
A chronic cough, especially at night
Difficult or rapid breathing
Chest tightness or discomfort
Running out of breath more easily than usual
Fatigue
Wheezing
Feeling that the head is stuffed up
Headache
Fever
Restlessness
A runny nose
A change in the color of the face
Dark circles under the eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment